Benefits of Fans
About Bionaire® Fans
Our line of Bionaire® fans provide reliable ;performance, discreet style and versatile design to help
keep your home environment comfortable and cool. Our fan blades are engineered to produce powerful
airflow for effective cooling, at a quiet noise level, so you and your family can enjoy the pleasure of
living comfortably and peacefully in your home.
Bionaire® fans can also help save you money. How is that? Fans can assist in making air conditioners run more efficiently by increasing the circulation of the cool air they produce. You can comfortably raise the temperature of your air conditioner by one or two degrees and use your Bionaire® fan to help lower your energy bill.
How the Product Works
The Bionaire® brand continually brings to market new innovations in fan blade technologies that efficiently produce strong, quiet airflow to cool any home. Modern fan designs come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes to offer the right cooling solution for any size room. From traditional to modern and from large tower style to compact desk models, the Bionaire® brand designs a fan to fit your lifestyle, décor, and cooling requirements.
Tips to help you beat the heat while saving money and energy.
- Chill out – take it easy and minimize indoor heat and moisture-generating activities
- A/C boost -When using the air conditioner, close all windows and turn off exhaust fans (unless you’re using them to remove heat and/or moisture)
- Also, using a fan to circulate cool air while the air conditioner is operating can help you to minimize usage and still feel comfortable – and potentially save you money!
- Power down – reduce the amount of heat in your home by minimizing use of incandescent lights, dishwashers, dryers, ovens and other heat generating appliances.
- Dry time – Remove unwanted heat and moisture from the shower, laundry room, cooking areas, wet basements and crawlspaces with a dehumidifier.
- Seal the deal – prevent heat and moisture movement from the outside to the inside with air sealing and insulation.
- Under cover – Shade sunny windows with landscaping, shades, curtains or awnings.
- Filter check – clean or change filters monthly, and clean the fan blades for more efficient operation.
Choosing the Right Fan
Bionaire® offers a wide variety of fan styles and sizes to fit your personal home cooling needs. Look for compact desk fans, traditional box fans, window units, or modern tower styles.
Here are some items to consider when choosing a fan for your home:
Types of Products
Sleek, stylish, and space saving, tower fans are among the most popular portable fan styles.
A smaller version of the popular tower fans, mini towers offer many features of full-sized towers in a slim, compact size. Look for timers, oscillation, and three-speed settings.
Compact, personal fan models allow you to place a breath of fresh air wherever you go. Great at home, in the office, or on the road. The blade size is typically 15cm (6”).
Stylish and innovative fans designed specifically for use on a table or desk, allowing you to focus the refreshing breeze right where you need it. The blade size ranges from 23cm to 40 cm (9” to 16”).
Window fans effectively draw cooler air from the outside to cool your home. Some window fans have filters to help eliminate pollen within your home and provide a cooling breeze inside. Window fans are used for air intake, air exhaust, or air exchange. The blade size ranges from 20 cm to 40 cm (8” to 16”).
With large blades and a sturdy portable design, box fans cover larger rooms with a strong, cooling breeze. The blades size is 50 cm (20”).
These powerful fans create full-room air circulation, helping to keep the entire room cool and comfortable. The blade size ranges from 36 cm to 48 cm (14” to 19”).
With adjustable height and an upright design, stand fans can be placed in corners or behind sofas to distribute air into every corner of the room. The blade size ranges from 30 cm to 40 cm (12” to 16”)
Sturdy, weatherproof fans are designed to add a cool breeze to outdoor patios, decks, or three-season porches, keeping you and your guests cool and comfortable. The blade size is 45 cm (18”)
- Room Type: Bedrooms, Living Room
- Heat Effect: Direct cooling or whole room circulation
- Benefit: Delivers powerful airflow in large living areas
- Room Type: Office, Kitchen, Cubicle
- Heat Effect: Quiet operation provides comfort when limited on space.
- Benefit: Small footprint allows for use on a table or desk
- Room Type: Living Room, Bedroom, Kitchen
- Heat Effect: circulates and creates a cross breeze
- Benefit: Can be used to bring in fresh air from the outdoors or to exhaust stale indoor air
- Room Type: Bedrooms, Office, Cubicles Dorm Rooms
- Heat Effect: Instant cooling relief in your personal space
- Benefit: Small size is designed for personal space
- Room Type: Living areas where floor space is limited
- Heat Effect: Wide area oscillation
- Benefit: Takes up less room than stand fans
- Room Type: Large living areas
- Heat Effect: cool relief in large areas
- Benefit: Powerful breeze and wide coverage
- Room Type: Garage, Workshop
- Heat Effect: Powerful air velocity
- Benefit: Reliable air circulation where air flow is limited
Care and Cleaning:
Follow these instructions to correctly and safely care for your Bionaire® fan. Please remember:
- Always unplug the fan before cleaning or disassembling.
- Do not allow water to drip on or into the fan motor housing.
- Do not use any of the following as a cleaner: gasoline, thinner, or benzine.
For desk and pedestal fans:
- Access the fan blade by removing the front grill and the fan blade nut.
- Clean the fan blade, both front and rear grills, with a soft cloth moistened in a mild soap solution.
- Replace blade, tighten the fan blade nut, and securely fasten the front grill.
Fan, head, base, and pole cleaning:
- Using a soft, moist cloth--with or without a mild soap solution-- carefully clean the fan base, pole, and head. Please use caution around the motor housing area. Do not expose the motor or other electrical components to water.
Fan storage instructions:
- Your fan can be stored in the off-season; however, it is important to keep it in a safe, dry location.
- We recommend using the original (or appropriately sized) box.
- If stored, assembled, or partially assembled, remember to protect the fan from dust.